Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Camp Letters

George:
I hope you and Susan have cleared the airport and are back home (I arrived home at 3:30 a.m. this morning). I had a great time at camp. It was an honor to watch the master testing and presentations. The seminars were very interesting, and I loved the focus on Uechi.
Please give my best to your new black belt students. They looked really good.
I am hoping that you and Susan have a great year. I am looking forward to joining you next year on the second weekend in August to hear all about it.
Peace
Robb

Thanks Robb. Sue and I were at the Providence Airport from 4:40PM until 10:55PM. Bad weather in the Midwest somehow kept planes from getting to Providence. Never saw such a crowded airport. Thanks for making the trip and supporting my camp. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Best,
George

1 comment:

George said...

Dear Mr. Mattson,

I just want to thank you personally for the GREAT time I had at the Summer Fest this year.

I started tutelage under John Page a few months ago and right away could tell he was a great teacher. I am very lucky to find such a committed artist, teaching a great style right down the street from my home!

I spent 10 years studying Internal and External Chinese Martial in my younger days and feel I have a pretty good thermometer for martial arts.
Uechi-Ryu has made a great impression on me from the first day I met Sensei Page and it gets better every day. The more I learn about Uechi-Ryu the deeper it gets. I am humbled by given the opportunity to study it.

This organization contains a great group of people. From day one I have felt at home. Everyone I have meet has been so accommodating and friendly.

Thank you for a great weekend and thank you for making Uechi-Ryu available to me,

I look forward to a long relationship with you, John and Uechi-Ryu.

Sincerely,

Joe Iovinelli