Friday, July 31, 2009

Thank you Brian. . .

Dear George Sensei:

I wanted to offer my congratulations on your new/long overdue promotion to judan. After fifty plus years in Uechi, this rank is well deserved.

When I walked into the Hancock Street dojo in 1973, I never imagined still training and teaching so many years later. Knowing that you still train with such vigor and enthusiasm is a great inspiration to continue to work hard, even as the aging process makes it a bit tougher to roll out of bed in the morning! And, the fact that, at your rank, you continue to work with beginners is a great lesson in humility and the genuine love of the art, that all of us should emulate.

I know I'm not the first to acknowledge that you have introduced so very many of us to a great style of karate. I think most would agree that you have also introduced us to a great life style. The need to work-out, the addiction to exercise is an amazing gift that "keeps on giving." Not only have you given us Uechi, you have also made us healthier, happier people. That's quite a legacy.

Great thanks George!

Your in the arts,


Brian Stoia

No comments: