Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Remember Mike Black??

George: If I remember, I came in 4th place in black belt fighting at your 1971 or 1972 tournament in Boston. I was the only one in the whole tournament that had to go to the hospital (Dennis Passeretti broke my glasses that cut me over my eye). Ahhh the good old days....lol. Plus Joe Campisi (my instructor) and I always tried to attend your events whenever possible.

Let me know anytime you might want to visit the Gainesville area. My wife Angela (a former George Pesare student), cooks a mean lasagna.

Mike Black

George Mattson wrote:
> OK. . . Now I remember you!
>
> :)
>
> Best,
> George
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Michael Black [mailto:mblack@gator.net]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 9:19 AM
> To: George Mattson
> Subject: Re: Tounament
>
> Sensei Mattson:
>
> Thank you for your response. Say hi to everyone up in New England for
> me. I have many fond memories of my battles with some of your students.
> I really loved getting beaten up by the likes of Jim Maloney and Bob
> Bethony but at least I gave them their money's worth. Make sure you
> have some of that great lobster up there.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mike Black
>
> George Mattson wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike:
>>
>> Many thanks for your kind invitation. I'm scheduled to be in New
>> England on the 16^th , but if I can get back to Florida early, I'd be
>> honored to attend your tournament.
>>
>> I've posted your announcement in my dojo and a couple of my black
>> belts said they will be attending.
>>
>> Good luck with your tournament and please stay in touch.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> George Mattson

No comments: