Tuesday, June 10, 2008

News from Duncan MacLeod!

Hi George;

It's been a while since we have talked and I apologize.After hearing your message on my phone this a.m.,It hit home just how long it really has been.Unfortunately I do have a legit reason that seems logical to me.In the past 4.5 years I have had three total hip operations.

The first was Sept.03 the last one was Sept.07.So needless to say I've been a bit preoccupied with my health problems,and oh by the way some residual depression.This has definitely been the hardest hurdle I've had to get over in my life.BUT I am hanging in there.I'm still teaching and only stopped long enough to have my ops, 5 weeks rehab in each case.Although I had to semi retire because I could not keep up with the demand of more than 1 class a night a couple nights a week.

I had a very active club happening,including a world class kickboxing program,with fighters who competed all over the world and won silver and bronze medals in international tournaments. Hence the residual depression knowing that I no longer can be who I used to be on the same physical level. BUT as I said I am hanging in there.I also see that Vinnie is due for a hip replacement operation soon. Please tell him good luck and to get back on the horse as soon as he can because it is the best therapy.

I will call you in the next couple of days because I find it so hard to express myself in this form of media. My e-mail address should be attached to this so I will be very easy to contact in the future. Also I may try to get to the Summer Camp this year, something that is long over due. It may only be for Friday night and Saturday,with departure Sunday. Hopefully you still allow day trippers.I may even try to convince Dave Hunt to make the trip with me. Anyway take care and you will be hearing from me in the next few days.

No comments: