Wednesday, August 13, 2008

SummerFest 2008

Hey, George!

This is terrible but I am glad your plane was late so that I had the opportunity to spend time with you and Susan. That is a rare gift and I truly enjoyed the time.

As for camp, all I can say is INCREDIBLE!

Camp was especially good this year. You lined up great instructors and had a marvelous turn out. I just wish I could have gone to every class that was taught. I now need to write down all of the stuff in my head that I learned before this ‘old fart’ mind forgets. Thank you so much for setting up camp every year. I am indebted.

What’s great is that every year I have the privilege of establishing former relationships and making new ones. Your gift of Uechi to the US has been a marvelous accomplishment, and a gift of time, talent, and your treasures. I, for one, would not have had this marvelous art had you not decided to teach it.

When I work out with my Shotokan people it drives them crazy that I can get in close and get to them…and that I can grab most kicks and strikes quite often with what we have been taught. Great stuff!

I still cannot believe you have been teaching for 50 years. That is pretty amazing. You inspire me and I hope I will be doing Uechi until I’m 100. It certainly won’t be from lack of trying on my part.

Anyway, thank you, thank you, and thank you. You are the bomb!

Love,
Vicki

No comments: