Thursday, December 18, 2008

Remember Jay Freedman?

George,
Just a quick note from a former Boston student. I started at the Boston dojo when I was 10 in 1967, on Saturday mornings. You were the first instructor, and Bob Campbell, a green belt, took over those classes shortly thereafter, before he left for the Navy. I eventually took over the Saturday classes with several other students and had a great time, until i left for college in New York in 1974, having earned a second degree Brown belt. I remember the Boston dojo, some of the students and family with fondness. The lessons I learned in Boston have stayed with me my entire life, and although I have married, moved to Maryland, have kids, those lessons remain invaluable. Great seeing your website, Uechi-Ryu to me is the only Karate. Glad to see you are still teaching in (semi) retirement:)

Sincerely,
Jay Freedman

No comments: