Friday, October 19, 2007

October Newsletter responses

Received over a hundred email from all over the world in response to my last newsletter. I wrote an article for my home page on this response. Here are a few of these e-mail:

From one of my early students - from the Columbus Avenue Dojo era:

George...

Many thanks for the description of your detox program. Much appreciate being on your mailing list.

Simplifying our diet here in Maine has been a goal of mine for some time. I find that the fewer the ingredients, the simpler -- and usually the healthier -- the meal.

Here are three cookbooks that have helped me a good deal in this effort...

Cooking with Three Ingredients -- Andrew Schloss

500 3-Ingredient Recipes -- Robert Hildebrand and Carol Hildebrand

Fix-It and Forget-It 5-Ingredient Favorites -- Comforting Slow-Cooker Recipes -- Phyllis Pellman Good

I use my six quart Rival Crock-Pot to create simple, yet interesting meals of just inexpensive pork, lamb or chicken and vegetables. I usually turn the leftovers into delicious soup with almost no effort at all -- just add stock. Make sure you either make your own stock
-- without salt -- or buy low salt stock.

I hope you find these suggestions useful!

Harry Brawley
Simple Works
Mount Desert, Maine

====================
From a cancer survivor and senior black belt of Uechi-ryu:
=====================

Hi Geoge:

Happy belated birthday, I wish you many more. Congratulations on your detox and weight loss. Health is a wonderful thing and we are fortunate to be able to control certain aspects of our health through proper diet and supplements. Health to you and yours.
JC

========================

From another cancer surviver and senior Black Belt
======================

I must have used my speed reading talents,,I thought it was a fine write. Of course I DO understand the medical feelings that go into such an effort. Just keep me posted..I'm up in Boston Monday,,,same ole crap. Needles and pins,,,pee in jugs....Played golf with Art yesterday,,,we both we terrible. I mean I haven't played so bad in years. Haven't had a decent game in weeks. I think I might hang em up for now. Never ever felt that way but it's frustrating as hell. I don't know if we are coming to Fla. this year. Will let you know. Best to Susan.
Bill

No comments: