Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tenn. dojo??

Mr. Mattson,

Firstly I must thank you for a lifetime of dedication to Uechi-ryu. I was a student in southeast Alaska in the early 80's learning Uechi-ryu from my science and shop teachers. (Both black belts) Unfortunately, I left Alaska just as I reached brown belt status. My life continued on at that time going no further with karate. I had a family, and no knowledge of another Uechi-ryu school anywhere. Internet wasn't around then, so that knowledge wasn't available. I have searched your site, and haven't had luck finding a school close to where I live. I was hoping you may have an idea of any black belts close to where I live? I live in Northeast Tennessee, Johnson City Kingsport Bristol area. If you may know of anyone, I would be eternally grateful. I would love to get back in and further myself.

P.S., red cover final edition of Uechiryu Karate Do # 126 just arrived in the mail this morning. I have no need to open it, as I still have my 1983 gold cover edition. I am very happy to have gotten on of the last books though.

I hope to hear from you soon about a possible teacher in my area.

Thanks again, Mike.


andrea ryman

1 comment:

George said...

Mike:

One of my Mattson Academy On-line Private students is from Tenn. Hopefully you will be able to "hook-up" with him. I'll send you a private e-mail with info.
GEM