Wednesday, February 24, 2010

SummerFest 2010 Forum???

George,

Well I bit the bullet and bought my airline ticket for Summer Fest today. I guess I'm committed now or I should be comitted. I was looking at the lodging and transportation section of the Uechi Web site and started to wonder if there was any place to try and arrange like hotel room sharing or transportation sharing with other fest participants.

It dawned on me that the forum would be a good place to advertise stuff like that but I didn’t see anything. I wonder if you had considered or would be willing to consider setting up a Summerfest 2010 forum on the index where people could arrange sharing for the fest. I was thinking something like classified adds where people can post arrival times at Logan, rental car and hotel room sharing. Also, its been a while since my last fest, does the academy still offer rooms as part of the fest?

What do you think?

Best,
Dan

2 comments:

George said...

Yes Dan, room and board are part of the SummerFest. There may be an application on-line from last year so you can get an idea regarding all the programs available. If not, I’ll send you a link.

The forum idea is a good one and one I’ve tried. I’ll reopen the old one, but you must keep it active by posting items to it!

Best,
George

Alex moner said...

Logan, rental car and hotel room sharing. Also, its been a while since my last fest, does the academy still offer rooms as part of the fest?http://www.chillyads.com/pets/birds/