Wednesday, March 25, 2009

News From Rob Kolenc & his Journey

Dear friends. How are you all doing? I haven't seen many of you for a while and I feel badly about that. In my defense, things have been going at breakneck speed around here and it took all I had to keep the wheels on and just see the kids now and then! 

2008 was really crappy. No other way to say it.  I got some kind of arthritis bug that my body is stil trying to clear. My buddy John was diagnosed with cancer right after he came back from his honeymoon, and then the economy went south! At this point, I think we've cleared all the bad karma out of the system.

It is definitely time to look forward, reframe to a positive attitude, appreciate all the good things we already have in our lives and HAVE SOME SERIOUS FUN! So I'm leaving on Thursday for my dream motorcycle adventure ride - riding the Ice Roads of the Yukon and Northwest Territories up past the Arctic Circle and onto the Arctic Ocean. I'll be taking a lot of pictures and movie clips and posting the story on my trip blog over the next month. I think I have some real challenges ahead of me riding in that cold, but I think I have the right gear and team in place to pull it off. 

If you think you'd have fun tagging along with me as my "virtual passenger", I will have a helmet cam in the passenger's seat for you and I will be posting pictures to my blog. I invite you to check out the trip websites below. Also, feel free to pass this on to people that you think might enjoy it. 

I hope you're all well and thriving at least mentally if not financially (grin). DO keep in touch. You're the folks that I care about but don't see often enough!

Cheers!

Rob

P.S. The ride's official website >> punchcancerintheface.com

To see the trip blog, stories and pictures, updated every few days starting Thursday go to this website >>  Canadian Arctic Winter Ride; Ice Roads and the Dempster Highway - ADVrider

No comments: