Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New York Dojo

George,

Long time no speak. I hope all is going well with you and Susan and you are enjoying your retirement in Florida. Someday I will pay you a visit.

All is good here in NY. Just working hard and trying to keep very fit. I have started a new Uechi-Ryu School in the Long Island area and just to let you know so you can spread the news to the Uechi community and maybe mention it on the Uechi website. . Can you do me a big favor and please update my phone number on the Uechi directory as 516-467-4825 as well. Thank you.

Although the class will be taught traditional Uechi as we know it, with my blackbelt in Judo as well I will be working with students separately on how to combine both Uechi and Judo technique, throws, foot sweeps and grappling etc for a very powerful and practical form of self defense. I have trained and competed in Judo around the country with some of the best including Jimmy Pedro and ultimate fight Igor Zinoviev of Russia who trains in NY.

I believe Jay and I will be planning on attending the camp this year with a few of my students. (Job permitting of course). I am hoping that this email finds you and the family happy and healthy and I look forward to our long standing relationship and fondness for the arts.

Best regards always,

Chris

Chris Ronzoni

No comments: